Monday, December 10, 2007

T minus 22 days: The Panic

One of my favorite things to do is "read the Sunday paper." By this I mean carefully peruse the pretty colorful glossy circulars for things I'd like to buy and ignore the non-glossy, non-consumerist rest of the paper. I like to flip through to Parade magazine, read the questions submitted to Personality Parade and wonder "Don't these people have Google?" (Or 'The Google', as the case may be.) The Target ad is by far my favorite because I can justify a trip to Target to pick up necessities when I know full well I'm going there to get something totally unnecessary that I saw in the circular.

Anyways yesterday was particularly sad because even though the "no-later-than" start date is January 1, I've told myself I'm not stocking up and not buying anything I wouldn't buy if not for the agreement. It's interesting to look at the circulars from a not-buying point of view and rather than a "oooh! Macy's has coupons!" point of view. Guess I'll have to start reading the "news" part of the paper from now on...

1 comment:

elliott said...

I do read the paper for the news. We get the Press Herald on Sundays, but otherwise I read it online. The Sunday paper does come with a lot of inserts that mostly end up in the recycling bin. The online version of the paper does not have everything in the print version (as far as I can tell), so I do like to get the actual paper. During the week I usually read a copy of the paper at the local coffee shop.