Friday, December 7, 2007

On a Philosophical Note,

Elliott actually sent me this article last March (nutshell: family of 3, lower 5th Ave. apartment, living "no impact"). The father has a book deal and a friend making a documentary about their experience. There's a definite "holier than thou" smugness (as there is with most ascetic life choices). Thing is, at any given time there's about 35.6 million people who can tell you what it's like to go without shopping. It's called being poor. But they're not getting book deals to describe how hard it is. Probably because people wouldn't buy it. Anyways, I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not looking for kudos and I'm not looking to see what it's like to not be able to buy things. Just looking to cut down on my eco-impact, make my next move a lot easier, and save a little money. At the same time I am very open to ideas and criticism (speaking of, the family in the article has a cleaning lady!). I see Matt's started on the latter already :)

No comments: