Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Impetus

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk at work, looking out at the snow and thinking, "do I have enough long underwear for the season?" And my hippie personality replied "Michelle, you have enough everything."

There's a couple of other things-- we have the movie listings for the local indie theater up on the fridge, and the listing for What Would Jesus Buy has been staring at me and making me feel awful guilty. Not that I'm big on the Jesus but I appreciate the concept.

Last, Elliott tries to by American not because he's the most patriotic guy ever but because of that pesky "slave labor" thing, and he's been quoting this Simpsons episode where Krusty goes "Hey, hey, 'Krusty Show' T-shirts are made for kids, by kids, and we pass the slavings on to you!" And I usually reply, "I'm Asian. Don't you want my relatives to have jobs?" Seriously though, slave labor is bad.

1 comment:

irene said...

I really like the idea. Our biggest challenge this year has been baby stuff. But with freecycle and using secondhand items, we've been able to cut down on buying things. I actually like making my own babyfood and the cloth diapers I got off ebay aren't too troublesome :) Good luck !!