Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Progress Report: 1/24 done

So... yesterday was the 15th of January, or as I like to call it, "1/24th Mission Accomplished." The not-shopping part has been really easy, especially since the stuff I ordered pre-xmas is just now arriving. By far the hardest part is the groceries shopping- only shopping from a grocery list and the "must be from USA or organic" rule. I've been surprised at how few pre-packaged items state where the product is from (probably for the better since I should cut down pre-packaged food anyways). I've definitely been buying more organics just for the sake of not having to search a box for a "made in..." label. Unfortunately this rule has also cut down on shopping at the local corner grocery since none of the food origins are posted for produce (Whole Foods, on the other hand, is much better at this).

I swear stuff has been wearing out quicker in the past two weeks. Sheets that I've had since college sprung holes, suddenly the bottoms of my socks are worn through, and the heel on one of my favorite pairs of boots broke off. I blame the pro-capitalist gnomes- much akin to the underpants gnomes- wreaking havoc while we sleep.

1 comment:

elliott said...

Yes, I have noticed my boots are wearing thin, though I have had them for about 15 years (they spent a lot of time in the closet in D.C.).

And my computer has taken two tumbles recently, but it still works.