Thursday, January 10, 2008

I miss D.C. (sniffles)


This is only marginally relevant to this blog but I really wanted to post this picture and story courtesy of the Washington Post. These are all fake meats courtesy of Terry's Healthy Food Store in Rockville, MD. WP did a taste test of them that is somewhat funny. Unfortunately it looks like they're sold frozen so I'm guessing mail-order isn't an option. (Side note: If you right-click and "save image" from the WP website, the name of the picture is "art-fake_meat"... truly that lobster is a work of art. The "duck," however, looks like a misshapen challah.)

1=sausage, 2=duck, 3=chicken breast slices, 4=bacon (apparently), 5=lobster, 6=steak, 7=shrimp.

2 comments:

Jay said...

I SECOND THAT EMOTION!! Gah, when they were interviewing DJ, I was just having a big big bad kind of yearning for a whole huge meal, Java Green stizz-aye-ell. Wondering what I'd get? Me too. I think I would have to flip a coin between a DC Max sandwich with multiple kinds of delicious fake meat or the jobche noodles w/ spicy chicken...plus a green tea smoothie thing...plus (since this is imaginary I can pretend they still have Sticky Fingers' baked goods) a Little Devil to top it off...

le sigh...

Michelle said...

I'm all about Java Green's popcorn chicken... and those cold slimy noodles too (is that the jobche)? And I miss Pangaea Vegan over by the Twinbrook metro :(