Monday, January 14, 2008

My Stuff is Giving Me Nightmares

My dreams aren't usually cryptic and don't take a dream dictionary to figure out. If I lost something during the day, that night I'll dream about finding it (and wake up really disappointed). I also have a lot of dreams where I'm flying but that's just because I really like the sensation of flying, I think.

Anyways last night I had this dream I was moving out of some sort of dorm-type place. I'm not sure what the situation was because there were friends from law school and my ill-fated semester at grad school, and I think some other people my mind made up. My parents were there to pick me up but I hadn't finished packing before their arrival. And they kept hurrying me and tossing my stuff around trying to get it all boxed up so we could leave, and I just remember being on the verge of freaking out because no matter how much stuff we packed, there was always more stuff, and their tossing my stuff around was just stressing me out even more. It was an odd dream, especially since my parent's haven't picked me up from anywhere like that since maybe Nerd Camp '95.

So this morning I was thinking my volume of stuff is getting to the point of giving me nightmares. Then I remembered that I had watched the latest episode of The Real World: Sydney yesterday where they all pack up and move out. (Disclaimer: I got hooked on it while hanging out with my sister over Christmas.) If you haven't seen any of this season, you HAVE to go to mtv.com and click on the one entitled "The Grilled Cheese Incident" at the very least to watch Cohutta talk to his grilled cheese sandwich.



(I tried to find a picture of the insane amount of stuff the Real Worlders had to pack up but they haven't posted any stills from the episode, so this pic will have to do.)

No comments: