Thursday, February 28, 2008

Women Marketers, I Swear...


I bought some Luna Tea Cakes from Whole Foods the other day (mainly because I had a coupon). These things take marketing to females to a level that's just insulting to humankind, I think. Here's what they say on the back:

"Just like you, LUNA Organic Tea Cakes have a purpose in this world. Rich in antioxidants and nutritious ingredients, each delectable bite does its part to promote balance, health and beauty, from the inside out.

We invite you to cherish a LUNA moment of heart-healthy indulgence with our Mint Chocolate Tea Cakes. Made with Green Tea from The REPUBLIC OF TEA, they will nourish you with all the benefits of omega-3, oats and polyphenols from tea and chocolate. Say hello to true love. [bold in original]

-The Women of LUNA"

...Hey, I have a purpose in life akin to LUNA tea cakes. And now I understand true love. It's a red letter morning! (And apparently the Berry Pomegranate flavor will increase your lifespan... guess I should've gone with that instead.)

Sidenote: picture is from USAToday and is named "chickfoodsx-large.jpg"

No comments: