Friday, February 29, 2008

One-sixth done! Yay!

Happy Leap Day! Today marks the 1/6th done stretch of our little experiment, and I've already started formulating a list of things I'd like to buy come next year:

* a mini-muffin pan
* jeans that I actually like
* black bean garlic sauce
* Asian noodles.... lots of nooooodles (rice noodles, chinese noodles, soup noodles)
* salt
* white t-shirts to wear under wool sweaters
* glass kitchen storage set (because of the scary plastics news coming out)
* socks
* one of those umbrellas that won't invert
* maybe something nice for the cats... if they're good

Here's a neat slideshow from MSNBC with user-submitted pics/videos of green projects in their homes. Most are pretty impressive-- solar panels, converting SUVs to run on waste oil, water-catchment systems, eco-friendly home renovations-- and then there are the few who submitted pics of their babies in cloth diapers.

1 comment:

elliott said...

1/6th, whoo-hoo!!

So far the only things I will be getting will be new headphones for my iphone - one of the earbuds is broken. Also, my shoes are wearing thin. But hopefully if it ever stops snowing, I can wear some other shoes until then.