Wednesday, April 2, 2008

One week without power?

Here is a girl who tries to go a week without power. Perhaps she could have planned things out a bit better - or planned at all.

"Which brings me to my first major predicament: can you be a journalist any more without power? Even if I could revive an old-fashioned typewriter (not a fancy electric model from the 70s), there ain’t no typesetter sitting around NOW willing to manually process my copy, no steam-powered flatbed press to churn it into a living, breathing newspaper. And even if I could afford 600 bucks for the kind of solar panel that can power a laptop, my battery will only run for two hours tops. Hardly a workday."- NOW Magazine
And no, we did not participate in the Earth Hour, though this Phoenix writer did, and wants to keep it up.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

can you be a journalist any more without a brain?